7 Ways to Support Downtown Raleigh Businesses Right Now
During this time of adjustments in daily routines, we encourage you to remember our many small businesses in downtown and throughout our community and to continue supporting them even if you cannot visit them physically.
Follow guidance from public health officials regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if and when visiting businesses and public spaces. The first priority for everyone is to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.
If you are not able to visit businesses physically, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses:
- Shop in-store or online with our downtown retailers. Many offer personal shopping, curbside pick-ups or deliveries as special services during this time.
- Purchase custom or corporate gifts from retailers.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various storefront businesses.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in. Several restaurants are offering reduced capacity dining in Phase 2. See our running list of Downtown Raleigh restaurants offering dine-in, takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery options now.
- You can buy gift cards for many local restaurants, too.
- Share this post and information widely so others know how to help.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community. Our community health as a whole depends on working together, and our small businesses are the lifeblood of the Downtown Raleigh economy. We want to make sure they continue to stay successful while maintaining appropriate public health safety measures.
For questions, please contact Kathleen Louis at email@example.com.