About the Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Founded in 1996, the Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) serves as the administrator of the Downtown Raleigh Municipal Services District (MSD), which is a defined special assessment district in which property owners contribute toward enhanced services. The management and maintenance of the public realm, via the Ambassador program and Team Downtown Raleigh, account for some of the major investments made possible through the MSD. Other program investments include storefront recruitment, business retention, and community engagement programs. The DRA also leverages MSD funds in a variety of ways through marketing, communications, and promotional campaigns to attract more customers to support the development of the district.
Advancing the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone.
1. Build a culture of authentic engagement and inclusion with Downtown’s diverse community.
2. Foster a thriving and diverse storefront economy.
3. Facilitate strategic partnerships to produce positive, balanced activations across Downtown.
4. Improve physical connectivity and accessibility within and around Downtown.
5. Position the DRA as reliable, responsive, representative, and mission-directed.
To learn more about the mission and goals of the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, read about the DRA Strategic Plan here.
2019-2020 DRA Budget
The Alliance demonstrates fiscal responsibility by remaining debt free.
View the 2019-2020 Budget
An independent accounting firm conducts yearly audits of the Alliance's financial statements. Their contact information is below:
Rives & Associates, LLP
4515 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 450
Raleigh, NC 27609
View the DRA By-Laws
Downtown Raleigh Alliance
333 Fayetteville St., Suite 1150
Raleigh, NC 27601
Phone: (919) 832-1231
Fax: (919) 832-0984