DRA Strategic Plan
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) was founded in 1996 with the goal of jumpstarting and providing support to the revitalization of Downtown Raleigh. As an independent non-profit organization and administrator of the Downtown Municipal Services District (MSD), the DRA has historically brought business, government, non-profit, and neighborhood leaders together to advance strategic planning, investments, and community building efforts.
The Strategic Plan includes an overview of the 16-month planning and engagement effort conducted from 2017-2018 intended to provide a refreshed strategic plan for the organization. It was adopted unanimously by the DRA Board on June 21, 2018.
Read the full DRA Strategic Plan
Read Appendix B of the DRA Strategic Plan
Read Appendix C of the DRA Strategic Plan
Advancing the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone.
1. Build a culture of authentic engagement and inclusion with Downtown’s diverse community.
2. Foster a thriving and diverse storefront economy.
3. Facilitate strategic partnerships to produce positive, balanced activations across Downtown.
4. Improve physical connectivity and accessibility within and around Downtown.
5. Position the DRA as reliable, responsive, representative, and mission-directed.