Join Downtown Raleigh Alliance
Digital Communications Manager
Application Process Closes Friday, January 24 at 5:00 pm
Reports to: Vice President of Engagement and Business Development
Are you a communications whiz with a passion for the Downtown Raleigh community? Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) seeks an innovative and experienced communications professional to enhance the organization in the area of digital marketing, communications, and design.
- Create and execute strategic social media plans for all DRA social media accounts to support overall marketing strategy; create relevant content and stories across platforms that identify, engage, and activate audiences
- Maintain an editorial calendar for social media channels that is aligned with overall marketing content goals
- Provide analysis on the use and effectiveness of social media, web strategies, and other communications
- Develop and publish email marketing campaigns and newsletters, including weekly e-newsletter
- Manage website through keeping content up-to-date, engaging, and relevant
- Oversee events calendar including approval and posting of events by stakeholders
- Design small projects such as PowerPoint presentations, event signage, and flyers
- Support events through communications with participants, vendors, and logistics
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis in communications preferred
- At least 3 years of experience with social media and communications with demonstrated success
- At least 2 years of experience managing social media campaigns with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media channels and their audiences to develop targeted messages
- Effective interpersonal skills, must be able to establish and maintain relationships with external and internal audiences
- Headline-writing and caption-writing skills
- Skilled writer with an expert grasp of social media
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and be able to manage competing priorities
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Professional understanding of social media and communications platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint; experience in Photoshop and InDesign
- Design and photography skills and experience
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement
- Experience thriving in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
- Positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrates initiative
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Digital Communications Manager is a non-exempt employee. Compensation shall be commensurate with experience and will qualify for a generous benefits package to include health, dental, and retirement contributions. Vacation and sick time are also included.
The Digital Communications Manager will work out of the DRA administrative office in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The individual will interface with business and property owners, residents, community members, government staff, vendors, and professional service providers. Due to the nature of the position, it is expected that this individual may be required to work outside the normal 8:30 am - 5:00 pm office hours.
DRA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with State and Federal laws including fair employment practice laws, which provide equal opportunity in employment to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, veteran status, or disability.
DRA is a downtown management and placemaking organization that has helped guide the revitalization of Downtown Raleigh, NC, for more than two decades. For more information, visit www.downtownraleigh.org.
Advancing the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone.
Please email resume, cover letter, 2 professional work samples including a social media example/campaign, and a list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.