Marketing & Communications Director
Reports to: Vice President of Engagement and Business Development
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) seeks an innovative and experienced marketing and communications professional to enhance the organization in the area of marketing, branding, communications and public relations.
- Assist with the creation of strategic marketing and communications plans for DRA events and programs such as Annual State of Downtown, Moore Square Market, Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week, Downtown Raleigh Tree Lighting, Discover Downtown Tours, First Friday, Community Meetings and Downtown Activations and execute as needed
- Create and execute strategic social media plans for all DRA social media accounts
- Act as the staff liaison for other downtown and community organizations in the promotion of their events and serve on appropriate partnership committees, commissions, and work groups
- Serve as downtown business marketing consultant, including assisting with grand opening events
- Act as content manager of print and web publications including quarterly newsletters, reports, marketing collateral, website, etc.
- Manage and publish email marketing campaigns and newsletters
- Serve as spokesperson for DRA and point of contact for all media as well as write and disseminate press releases
- Develop and maintain a database of press representatives and coverage
- Secure media sponsorships for programs and projects establishing effective partnerships with key stakeholders
- Implement methods to benchmark and measure the impact of DRA’s marketing efforts and provide regular updates to senior staff
- Assist DRA in further engaging and supporting stakeholders in new, innovative ways and increase our audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism and/or Public Relations required. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement
- Demonstrated record of creativity and innovation
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient writing skills
- Experience thriving in a high-paced, results-oriented environment
- Experience with developing and managing digital assets
- Demonstrated marketing and communications success
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible
- Proven team player
- Record of accomplishment related to anticipating conflicts and challenges and resolving them
- Positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrates initiative
- Experience leading events, design projects, publications a plus
- MS Office Suite, iContact, Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Marketing and Communications Director is an exempt employee. Compensation shall be commensurate with experience and will qualify for a generous benefits package to include health, dental, and retirement contributions. Vacation and sick time is also included.
The Marketing and Communications Director will work out of the DRA administrative office in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The individual will interface with business and property owners, residents, community members, government staff, vendors, and professional service providers. Due to the nature of the position, it is expected that this individual may be required to work outside the normal 8:30 a.m. - 5:00pm office hours.
DRA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with State and Federal laws including fair employment practice laws, which provide equal opportunity in employment to all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, veteran status, or disability.
DRA is a Downtown management and placemaking organization that has helped guide the revitalization of Downtown Raleigh, NC for more than two decades. For more information, visit www.downtownraleigh.org
Advancing the vitality of Downtown Raleigh for everyone.
Please email resume, cover letter, 2 professional writing samples, an example of strategic communications plan you have created and a list of 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org